Friday, May 8, 2009

Pictures in the Attic


My goal is to take photographs that will adorn your walls, sit proudly on mantles or desks and more importantly, serve as a reminder of memories made, times cherished. However, I picture my legacy being a young girl finding a treasure in the attic. 60 years from now I hope her eyes grow larger as she filters through her late nana’s things, digging deeper into history. I hope she squeals as she pulls a photograph from the pile- a treasure found. I hope she admires her young nana’s elegance. I hope she laughs at her silly granddad’s expression. I hope she notices the resemblance between an old picture of her mother and herself. I hope it’s my photo that she clings to in search of her heritage, her story, her past. I hope it’s my photo that gives her clues into what her nana was like at her age. I hope it’s my photo that floods her mind with memories of her family, but give her confidence for her future as she discovers the hope of her family’s past.

It’s my passion to take that photograph. The one that you and your family will enjoy for generations to come.

“Remember the days of long ago; think about the generations past.”

Deuteronomy 32:7

3 comments:

  1. This is wonderful Katie. I am so proud of you and inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've said it before...you are so stinkin' talented. I can't wait to see all the legacies you leave in the photographs you take!! Post all your talentness so the rest of us can wish we had an ounce of it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie, this is just beautifully written!!! You don't just take pictures, you have a photographer's heart... so inspiring!!! I am still so thankful for the pictures you took of us and trust me, they are plastered all over my home! ;-) They are treasured today and I'm sure my grown children and their children will also treasure them. -Christi

    ReplyDelete